Marketing

Top 4 tips for buying a home

Are you thinking of changing your home? Need a few tips before buying a home? You have come to the right place! In this Deplace article you will find the tips to buy a home you need.

Size does matter

The first thing you have to do before buying a home is to be clear about your needs. Your home is where you and your family live together. That is why it is important that it be comfortable and, if the family grows or hopes to do so, it should be considered when buying a new home.

You should make a list with what you want your new house to have: how many floors, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, concept of open or closed space. Depending on your needs, rethink the size of your house. For a family of four, the ideal size could be between 80 and 100 square meters.

If you are a large family, a tip for buying a house is to consider buying a property with a garage or a storage room, a place where you can store things that are not frequently used. Also, if you can afford it, try to have a large terrace, garden or a swimming pool. This will facilitate environments where you and your family can have a fun time outdoors, especially if you live with children.

Take into account the budget

Another reason you may want to move is the increased cost of rent, for example. Before buying a house, you should keep in mind how much money you want and can spend. You have to know what capital you have.

In the event that you are going to request a mortgage, remember that banks usually finance 80% of the value of the property, so you must have at least the remaining 20% ​​insured. But be very careful! The bank grants the mortgage based on the real value, not the one agreed with the seller. So check that the agreed price is not above the market value.

Keep in mind that in many of the Autonomous Communities there are tax discounts, for example for very large families. There are cities such as Madrid, where a regional deduction for the birth or adoption of children is applied in personal income tax (Personal Income Tax), according to the number of births. If that is not the option for you, you can look for institutions that offer financing or loans.

Once your budget is established, you can focus on where you want your home to be. Ideally, choose 3 or 4 areas that are beneficially close to your personal needs: work, transport or school. But not only those, it is also important that it is located near green areas, health centers and shops.

One tip when buying a home is to take into account factors such as the safety of the area, whether it is a quiet, residential or noisy neighborhood. If you have children, knowing this is vitally important because their well-being is our peace of mind.

Make sure everything is okay first!

Once you have chosen your home, you must know the state of the property you want to buy. You can ask a specialist to verify the condition it is in. Remember that there may be hidden structural damage that makes the home a hazard. With this review you can save yourself several future headaches.

To complement this specialist’s report, you must request a simple note from the Property Registry. With this document you will be able to know if the property has any charge, its plans, the layout of the networks (water, gas, electricity, etc.). You can also be sure that there is no lawsuit, litigation or mortgage on the property, and you will check the status of the property deeds. Keep in mind that this document is the only way to legally prove who is the owner of the property.

Keep your mind open

Keep in mind that it is very difficult to cover all the possibilities that the market offers. The more you limit your search, the more difficult it will be to find the best home for you. Therefore, although at this time the Internet and social networks are a real option to search for houses for sale, it is recommended that you go to a real estate professional to advise you. At Deplace we will be happy to do so. Our real estate experts will accompany you throughout the purchase process. This way you can have greater security regarding the characteristics of the properties and access a wider offer.

Choosing a home is hard work, but not impossible. At Sky Marketing we make it easier for you. With these tips for buying a house and the correct advice, you will finally be able to find your ideal home.